titel

This is just me, my craft ideas, and stories about my weenie dogs!! I hope you enjoy and find some inspiration!!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Who Christ is to me

Okay in the midst of all this hype about the DOOMSDAY prediction I want to use this opportunity to say a few words about my Savior. I am not trying to offend or unsettle anyone so please do not get upset if you don't believe the way I do. You don't have to read this, but I want you to. :)

For starters, the man who predicted this so called DOOMSDAY, who claims he is a Christian is very misled. I am not saying he is not a Christian but only that he is not right about this. It would not be called DOOMSDAY to me, I would call it the GREATEST DAY EVER. It would be the day that all our cares are over and I don't mean cares like paying the bills, and getting kids to school, and losing weight. I mean hurting, suffering, anxiety, depression, heartbreak, physical pain, and so on. These are the things that are real to us measly humans. These are the things that when we are at our darkest time or hour or in the deepest pain ever, we cry out to God and say "Help me." "I need you." "Take this burden away."

I would be able to see God's face, something I have wondered about most of my life. I would know the One who made me. I would know why He made me.  I would have an instant peace in that very moment.

It's hard to explain what Jesus did for me. I was lost, just like everyone who has ever come to know God is before. But when I found Him, and I say "I found Him," I mean that, cause without a doubt, He has been there the whole time, my life changed. I was joyful and happy and wanted to share Him. Gradually I got lost again and it became that I missed Him so much I could not explain it. My thoughts changed from pure to evil, my heart ached with anxiety and fear of the unknown, my love for others failed drastically.

Coming to understand who Jesus is has been struggle at times for me. Is He God, Is He the Son of God? There is one scripture that I have found that is clear on this. It is 1 Timothy 3:16:
16And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

To me it is not coincidence that this scripture has the same Ch. Vs. as John 3:16
16For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
This is who He is! Jesus came to our world to show us the way to God. He is the Son and He is God and He is the Holy spirit who breathes on us and tugs at our heart and not just in church or when we are in trouble but when we are convicted, when we see someone else hurting and it hurts us cause it hurts Him, when we feel the uncontrollable urge to do something kind for someone, when we are laughing with joy unspeakable He is happy with us then too! Don't you know that everything we feel He feels 100x more!

I have recently just returned to Him, I wish I could have shown Him better to others in my life who are no longer here for whatever reason. And I am trying to now. It is not right to just hold Him in and not let others see what I know is true. It was not right to myself to live for so long without Him and let the adversary steal my joy. And it was no-one's fault but mine.

I spoke with Him this morning and I honestly can say that I haven't been able to even finish a prayer in the past few years. I get sidetracked, the phone rings, my mind wanders, whatever reason. But today He was there again as He reminded He always has been and always will be. He made me feel complete and full of joy and eager and anxious but not of world things, of awaiting His return to the world.

So I guess you can say that I was disappointed that He didn't come back today but I needed to have that talk with Him. So thank you Mr. Camping for falsely predicting the return of our Savior and reminding me that He was right there waiting for me too.

I would like to show you a poem that I wrote back in 1999. I was lost and just sitting in some college class bored and waiting for something to happen and these words came flowing from my pen to the paper effortlessly. I think He wrote this myself. After all, the bible says in 2 Timothy 3:16(another 3:16-I think these are the numbers Mr. Camping should be crunching)

 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This poem is not scriptural or in the bible, but it is what God used one day to wake me up. I am not claiming that I write scriptures, I am just pointing out that God wrote the bible!!!!


What was His name...
The One who called for me?
What did He want...
That man I saw?

I heard Him cry..
when I swore it was a lie,
still I knew this day would come...
This day that I die.

I reached for his hands,
but He turned away...
the same way I did to Him,
before that day.

"Take me with you, I dont belong here," I cried
As I realized,
I never went with Him
when He tried....

And He left me there,
As we cried.

If He is calling for you today, please accept. Don't be left there.

1 comment: