So I did what I do best. I took the shelf I already had and modified it to be a laundry room sorting station. It was really easy. I took the 2 bottom shelves off and moved the trim piece up. The trick here is to use a flat black paint after a white primer. Then sand and distress, then clear coat spray.I wanted to be able to change the labels if I ever decided to move the piece to another room so I chalkboard painted to one of the larger trim pieces that came off the original shelf. I already had the tall skinny sorting baskets so it worked perfect!
And don't worry~! I am using the leftover shelving pieces on some other projects, I am not letting it go to waste!
HERE IS THE BEFORE: