titel

This is just me, my craft ideas, and stories about my weenie dogs!! I hope you enjoy and find some inspiration!!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

UPCYCLED INSPIRATION

I'm in love with UPCYCLING things.

Actual definition of upcycle:

verb

[with object]
  • reuse (discarded objects or material) in such a way as to create a product of a higher quality or value than the original: the opportunity to upcycle trash, or turn it into new products, was vast (as adjective upcycled) upcyled furniture
My DEFINITION OF UPCYCLE: To take something junky or broken or just plain ugly and make something awesome out of it! Or to use it for a purpose it was not actually intended for. (repurposing)
So since I don't have time to actually work on every junk piece of furniture or random object I find and document it step by step(Which I have vowed to do from now on as much as I can), I am going to compile a list or gallery of things I love that I have found on the internet(which I have lots of time for)
1. I'll start with the obvious. PINTEREST! So here is the link to my Pinterest "Upcycling" Board. And yes, I pin my own stuff cause I want blog traffic!!! But most of this is awesome ideas I have slowly gathered from the most addictive website ever.
                                                                    Click here to view

2.  I have a few projects already on my blog that I have done. Here is a list of them:
       
                                                            uses for old frames
                                                                        dresser redo
                                                                      sweatshirt pillow
                                                                   changing table redo
                                                                        dog bed
                                                    globe, gumball holder and a few others
                                                            log roller to ribbon holder

3. Things off the internet that I love and credit these bloggers and crafters for making.
                       
 coffee tables as shelves from Apartment Therapy website which is loaded with awesome ideas! Check out their site and get some inspiration. I also love the purple color which would actually go great with the dog bed I made.
entertainment center for tv to kids kitchen from Sutton Grace blog. She puts a GREAT tutorial on there about how to make this project! Check it out!
jars repurposed from Creative Confetti blog. Wow this one has several awesome ideas. And I am always saving containers and not knowing why I save them so now I have some good plans to put in action.
drawer turned ottoman from Beyond the Picket Fence. I love this blog and all the great ideas.
suitcase table Another awesome project I've seen all over blogland but this one from Stars for Street Lights blog has an amazing step by step tutorial that someone put a lot of time in and did well instructing on how to make!

These are just a few of the projects I am in love with and hope to try to accomplish one day.
I hope to add more of my own or other inspirational ideas as I find them.

Thank you to all the crafty people who made these and documented the way to do them. I hope you don't mind that I had to feature your ideas on my blog so that everyone can enjoy them!!!
I don't have an "I've been featured" button from my blog but I do have a button if you wanna grab it and add to your featured section. (Those buttons are really difficult to make lol)


       






No comments:

Post a Comment