titel

This is just me, my craft ideas, and stories about my weenie dogs!! I hope you enjoy and find some inspiration!!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

more uses for old frames

I have a love for old frames and I always need some kind of clever storage for something.

Start with old frame or new frame, any frame will work.


 I used the gold one on the left. This used to have a photo of me when I graduated college but the glass broke so I saved the frame. The one on the right was actually black and it was a home decor item from Kirkland's that literally fell apart but I was able to manage to save the frame for another use.
 I used screen leftover from my Mom re-screening her door and spray paint and some scrap fabric. I made the fabric flowers with the scrap fabric. Here is a tutorial for fabric flowers.
So far this is a very useful piece. I need a bigger one though cause I have too much jewelry, I suppose you can get little S hooks to use to hang rings and bracelets, necklaces, etc.

I used the blue frame to frame another wall item. My daughter bought me this pretty piece for Christmas last year and it just needed to be highlighted. So i distressed an glazed it and it looks great with the wall art.

No comments:

Post a Comment