titel

This is just me, my craft ideas, and stories about my weenie dogs!! I hope you enjoy and find some inspiration!!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

PINTEREST RECIPE OF THE WEEK #1

Now that I am on this money saving spree and doing it yourself spree and trying to give my daughter the "picture perfect" mother she always wanted(lol- I am far from it!!!) I have decided at least once a week I will attempt a new creative recipe from mine or my daughters Pinterest Board. I'm never going to lose any more weight since I am on this cooking spree!!!

I think I will suprise her by cooking a meal from her own "Food" ideas board. SINCE I KNOW SHE DOESN'T READ MY BLOG I think the suprise factor will be easy. The trick is going to be getting her to pin more food ideas cause right now the pickins are slim!

WEEK 1:


Found off my own Pinterest food board. "Boyfriend Cookies" from Sinful Southern Sweets, a blog I may regret having found, lol. Because all the sweets on here look unbelievable!!!


MINE LOOKED LIKE THIS:
 (note I bake in a toaster oven and it takes forever to get anything done! My oven is out of commission for now......so........hopefully I will get it fixed soon) And I cheat with foil cause I hate dishes. Wasteful I know...........
 I had so so so much dough leftover that I made balls and squished between wax paper and left instructions so I'd remember how to cook them again. I put these in the freezer and I have no idea how long they'll last in there. It won't matter because I am sure we will cook them soon enough.

DIFFICULTY: Kinda, because there is so much dry ingredients and candy going into the dough its kinda hard to mix. And not eat the candy lol.

RATING: 4/5. Tastes awesome.

WHAT I WOULD CHANGE:  I would not use as much baking soda, they came out a little cakelike to me and I prefer a more dense cookie. Also I would definitely cut the recipe in half unless I needed this much. And I would prolly use less flour because like I said I don't love the bready cakey texture. If anyone has any tips I would love to know.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is really sweet that you are getting them from your daughter's board!

    ReplyDelete